Costa Rica Great for Families
San Jose Travel Tip
December 2001: Courtesy Costa Rica Expeditions
Ten Reasons Costa Rica is Great For Families
1. It's an adventure: hiking, biking, rafting, canoeing, wildlife
viewing. You can do it all.
2. It's educational: Costa Rica is a living, breathing biology class for
3. It's fun: You can spot wildlife, play in the waves, enjoy a bird's-eye
view of the rainforest from a 115-foot jungle canopy platform.
4. Costa Rica is closer to New York (approx. 2200 miles) than New York is to Los Angeles
(approx. 2469 miles). Flying time: 3/12 hours NY-San Jose/6 hours NY LA.).
5. Costa Rica is eco-friendly. More than 25 percent of Costa Rica's
land is protected in parks and preserves. It is considered one of the best places in the world to
experience the tropics naturally and with minimal impact. Families who visit help maintain the
6. There are few, if any, language barriers. Many Costa Ricans are bi- or multilingual, and in
the tourism industry, almost everyone speaks English.
7. Costa Ricans love kids. Theirs is a child-oriented society.
8. This Central American democracy has long been a safe place for tourists and residents alike
and has very high health standards.
9. The climate is ideal much of the year. Even the rainy season is mild, often with clear and
sunny mornings followed by afternoon showers.
10: It's an opportunity for children to experience a foreign culture.
| Travel Tips in Related Destinations|