Lorry Patton's Travel Tips 'n' Tales
Book Low airfares online!
Search TTnT
Home Travel Tips Travel Tales Travel News Travel Events Holiday Packages Address Directory



Bahamas
Belize
Canada
Caribbean
China
Costa Rica
Cuba
Denmark
Ecuador
Egypt
England
Fiji
France
Germany
Greece
Israel
Italy
Kenya
Mexico
Peru
Portugal
Russia
Scotland
South_Korea
Sweden
Switzerland
Tahiti
Thailand
United States

Fiji Outer Islands
Travel
Lorry Patton's Travel Booking Center
Low Airfares Hotel Deals Vacation Packages Cruise Specials Discount Car Rentals
Flights Lodging Packages Cruises Car Rentals
Introduction
Home / Fiji /
Fiji Outer Islands
» Book Air, Car or Hotel

Fiji Outer Islands

hammock_view210.jpg Fiji encompasses around 800 islands if you count every volcanic tip that pokes out of the Pacific within the country's boundaries. The islands worth counting number about 300; the ones that are inhabited number about 100.

Out of the 100, two (Viti Levu and Vanua Levu) are the most inhabited and they also make up about 85 percent of Fiji's land mass. Taveuni, Kadavu and Koro, might be called by name, as well as Treasure Island and Castaway, however, most of the remaining 15 percent are part of groups such as the Yasawa, the Lau and the Mamanucas. These islands are referred to as the Outer Islands.

On my visits to Fiji, we had the opportunity to explore the Outer Islands. The soft breezes from the Pacific, the moonlight shimmering on the sea, the white sand beaches, the starlit skies, the Bures with their thatched roofs, ... all the visions that the brochures promised were there.






Destinations in
South Pacific

Jump to
Fiji
Home Page


Castaway Island Fiji
Maravu Plantation Resort