1007 First Avenue
The Alexis Hotel, "A Work of Art", is a
boutique-style luxury hotel located in
the heart of downtown Seattle,
between Madison and Spring Streets.
The Alexis is one block east of the ferry
terminal and Seattle's waterfront and
within walking distance to Pike Place
Market and historic Pioneer Square.
Each room is warm and richly
decorated with an eclectic mix of
traditional fabrics in spirited colors with
classic-style furniture and a scattering
of antiques. The sofa fabric is of French
design, and the drapery and bedspread
fabrics were designed in Italy.
The Alexis Hotel also features a
quarterly "Art Walk" displaying a
rotating collection of art from a variety
of Northwest artists. In addition to the displays of art in the public areas of
the hotel, many of the guest rooms showcase original works of art. This
year the hotel is also featuring an exhibit by renowned artist Dale Chihuly
through September 2001.
* Original opening ~ September 10, 1982
* Re-opening after renovations ~ March 1, 1996
* 109 guest rooms offering the following room accommodations:
35 Deluxe Rooms; 30 Alexis Guest Rooms; 16 Executive Suites; 9 Alexis
Suites; 8 Fireplace Suites; 6 Spa Suites; 5 King Premiers
* All guest rooms and suites have plush terry bathrobes; cable television
with on-demand movies; dataports and fax machines and two-line
telephones with voice mail.
* The "Alexis Suites" offer one and two bedroom suites with fully-equipped
* Six wheelchair accessible rooms
* 91 smoke-free rooms
The Alexis "Spa Floor" provides
guests with special amenities including
Frette linens, goose down comforters &
pillows, herbal teas, as well as the
opportunity to experience spa services
either in the Aveda spa or in the privacy
of their room.
AMENITIES / SERVICES
* Choice of morning newspaper, New York Times or USA Today
* Overnight shoe shine
* Evening turndown service
* Private steam room
* 24-hour room service
* Valet parking
* Laundry services
* Complimentary evening wine tasting
* Business amenities available: computer rental, fax machine, copy
machine, meeting room, audio/visual equipment
* Three conference rooms offering a combined meeting space of 1,985
square feet: The Parlor Room (645 square feet) The Drawing Room (720
square feet) The Gallery (620 square feet)
* Foyer offers an additional 637 square feet of pre-function space
* Combined space offers the following accommodations:
120 people reception style; 60 people classroom style; 100 people theater
style; 44 people conference style; 80 people dining style
* Affiliations with two athletic clubs in the city which feature swimming
pools & fitness classes.
* A 450 square-foot facility offering one treadmill, one stairmaster, two
lifecycles and free weights.
* The Painted Table, four-star gourmet dining featuring "Northwest Market
Cuisine" prepared by Executive Chef J. Tim Kelley
* The Bookstore, a bar and cafe
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
* AAA Four Diamond Award, 1984-2000
* Mobil Four-Star Award, 1984-1999
* Gourmet Magazine "Small Gems, Big Cities" Best Places to Stay in the
* Condé Nast Traveler "Gold List" Best Places to Stay in the World, 1995, 1997
* Condé Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Award, third in region, 1996
* American Express Platinum Card Fine Hotels and Resorts, 1991-2000 *
Zagat Travel Guide, named in "best overall" category, 1995
ALEXIS HOTEL 2001 RACK TARIFF
Alexis Guest Room $240 - $255
Deluxe Guest Room Double / Double (Queen) $250 - $275
King Premier $270 - $300
Spa Suite $440 - $540
Executive Suite $425 - $525
Fireplace Suite $440 - $540
Alexis Suite, 1 Bedroom $575 - $675
Alexis Suite, 2 Bedroom $725 - $825
Low January-March and November -December; High April-October
ALL RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE AND BASED ON
AVAILABILITY. ALL RATES ARE SUBJECT TO STATE OF WASHINGTON SALES
TAX AND CITY ROOM TAX. SEASONAL AND GROUP RATES AVAILABLE.
SURROUNDING RETAIL ESTABLISHMENTS
* Aveda Environmental Lifestyle Store and Spa ~ A retail boutique offering
Aveda's complete collection of plant-based products, plus a comprehensive
menu of spa and wellness services.
* The Legacy, Ltd. ~ An art gallery acknowledged by many museums and
collectors as the nation's foremost source of traditional Northwest Coast
Indian and Alaskan Eskimo art, both historical and contemporary.
* Parfumerie Nasreen ~ A retail boutique offering over 500 different
European fragrances, with complimentary shipping anywhere in the United
* The North Face ~ A retail purveyor of outdoor equipment and clothing.
* Scandia Jewelers ~ Fine jewelry and gifts.
boutique-style luxury hotel in downtown Seattle
full spa service, wine-tasting, steam room, concierge, valet, laundry services
Starting Price: Single
Starting Price: Double